January 05, 2009

FAITH FOR WARRIORS

THOUGHT FOR NOW...UNTIL NEXT TIME.

One of my daily goals is to get up a little early before work and read the bible. I find it a good way to start my day. This morning I was reading in Luke 21: 1-4. The passage is as follows:

"As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. "I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."

As I was jumping rope this morning I was thinking about that passage and also about my stage in life when something came to me. As I was contemplating this passage, I started to think about it in a different way. The passage talks about a widow who is giving a small amount of money to God. The passage suggests that she is poor and doesn't have much to give. Jesus appreciated the fact that she was giving everything she had even though, to the outside world, it didn't look like much. I started thinking about this, not in monetary terms, but rather it terms of talents.

We all have talents. These talents were given to us by God. Many of us may believe that our talents are nothing special, and that we can't have an impact on helping others for the glory of God. God thinks differently. God's goal for us all is to live to our full potential. It's up to us, with His guidance and help, to be the best we can be for His glory. We're here to love and help each other grow. Every one of us has something to offer others. It is our duty as human beings to offer up our talents for the betterment of the world.


None of us is better or worse than anyone else. When we compare ourselves to others, one of two things happen: we either think we're better than someone else or we feel inferior to them. We all need each other, and we need to learn to depend on each other. That way we grow through each other for the glory of God.

That's my thought for now...until next time.

No comments: